Friday, April 21, 2006

Love Story

Name: Emma

Song that changed your life: Layo And Bushwacka - Love Story (mp3 link) (lyrics)

The story behind it:

No matter what happened throughout my life I always believed that I would find my soul mate, but the end of a five year relationship meant that I had lost my faith in that. It got me down for a while but I managed to pull myself together and realize that life was there to be lived. I made a big effort to spend lots of time with my friends and we had some great weekends having loads of fun together. My sister was living abroad at the time and my new found freedom gave me the chance to go and visit her. While I was there I met an English guy who was out there working and we got along really well, immeadiately. I ended up spending a lot of time with him. One night we were on a beach, we lit a fire, we looked up at the stars, and we chatted right through until morning. It was the perfect romantic night. When my holiday came to an end we were both really gutted, but we did arrange to meet up when he came back. Obviously I really wanted that to happen, but I was quite realistic about it all and I didn't expect to hear from him again.

When I landed back home I turned my phone on to a text message that said, "I hope everything that we said comes true. I miss you already." We did get together and ultimately we traveled again and by the end of our next trip we were totally loved up. We got married a year ago and we now have a lovely daughter together.

My song reminds me of the vacation where I first met my soul mate.