Friday, August 04, 2006

Lost Prophets - Last Summer

Name: Elaine



Song that changed Elaine's life:

(click to see)


The story behind the song:

My boyfriend and I had been together for nearly two years when we went on vacation to Amsterdam. He was my first love. We shared lots of interests, from the same taste in music to a love of the cinema. Before our vacation, we had been arguing more than usual. I was kind of hoping that our trip away would be quality time where we could relax and leave all the problems behind us. And we did, it was perfect, we were recapturing all the reasons we got together in the first place and acting like a couplke of teenagers in love. However, on the last day we had an almighty argument and at the end of it we broke up.

Within days I was regretting it. In the heat of the moment I'd just been so angry. But even when we were splitting up, I knew that deep down inside, I didn't really want it to end. So I asked him to take me back. He said no. I was heartbroken. I barely left the house and I spent all my time just wallowing in self pity.

A month later, and after a lot of tears, I felt strong enough to meet up with him. We organized to go to the cinema, just as friends, but I couldn't help it, I had to be sure. So I asked him if there was any chance of us getting back together again. Again he said no.

However, what suprised me was that instead of being upset I felt strangely liberated. For the first time in weeks I managed to hold my head up and I realized that life could go on.

We parted as friends and on the way home I turned on my mp3 player. This was the first track I heard. It automatically lifted me. And it gave me the strength to move on.