Monday, June 12, 2006

thats just the way it is

Name: Jemma

Song that changed Jemma's life: 2Pac - Changes (listen now) (lyrics)


The story behind the song:

In October 2001 my dad died and my whole world shattered around me. I was absolutely devastated and I found it a massive effort just to function each day. As I am the eldest out of me and my sister I took it upon myself to be a rock for her and my mom. This enabled me to chanel all my pain into making sure my sister and my mom were both ok. I supported them through all the heart ache.

After a few months my mother and sister were coming to terms with our loss and beginning to just about function again. Then I heard this song as I was driving in my car. It made me realize that no matter how much I channel my pain into other things, it wasn't going to change the fact that my dad had died and I was never going to see him again.

I pulled over and I broke down.

It was finally my turn to grieve. The next few days were hell as I came to terms with what hapened to my dad. This song enabled me to move on with my life and to grieve for my dad who I still miss terribly. Not a day goes by when I don't think about him.