Thursday, May 18, 2006

wear sunscreen

Name: Rosie

Song that changed her life: Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen (listen now) (lyrics)

The story behind the song:

Last September, I started a college course in healthcare and for the first time in my life I made some really good true friends. I found the course very tough and didn't see a future for myself working in that area. I started getting very depressed about my course and one day I came out of the class crying and saying I just didn't want to do it anymore. My friend Luke sat me down and told me I could do it if I put my mid to it and he really helped me have a positive outlook. We became a lot closer after that and we would often talk to eachother about other things that were bothering us.

One lunchtime we were talking about our dream jobs. He started talking about his and he said he was really determined to do it. When I told him mine I realized that if I did continue with my healthcare course then I wouldn't have any chance of doing my dream job. He helped convince me that I should switch courses and really have a go at living my dream. Although I was worried about what my parents would think, on his advice I went for it.

Next month I start a new course in radio and I'm hoping it will lead to my new job and I will be a lot happier in my career now thanks to Luke's support.

While I was struggling to decide what to do with my life I would listen to one song which made me realize that its my life and I could do what I wanted with it.