Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Do you want more?

Name: Samantha

Song that changed Samantha's life: Jay-Z,Linkin Park - Numb / Encore (listen now) (lyrics)

The story behind the song:

At 14 I made friends with the wrong group of people. I started using drugs and stayed out every night. I was basically ruining my life. When I turned 15 I got pregnant and also dropped out of school due to depression. Sadly I had a miscarriage and from then on it felt like my life wasn't worth living.

One day I was sitting in my room alone and this song came on the radio. It hit me so hard. I was struck by it's powerful lyrics and it made me realize there and then that I could pull myself back from the position I had gotten myself into.

With a lot of determination I managed to get myself into college and I know have a beautiful baby girl called nicole. Everytime I hear this song it makes me think and reminds me of how I got myself through such a rough part of my life. It makes me feel very proud of what I've achieved.