Monday, May 22, 2006

Dance to the music.

Name: Emma

Song that changed Emma's life: Madonna - Vouge (listen now) (lyrics)

The story behind the song:

I'd always been different from my sister. I was always the fat chubby one whereas she has always been skinny and perfect. I always used to resent her and as we got older we drifter apart.

When I was younger I used to dance around my room that would help me escape from my life. The opening line would always pop into my head when I was being picked on or bullied for being overweight. Just over a year ago I had the realization that I didn't want to be chubby and I decided that I needed to change on th inside before the out. I went on a diet and joined a gym and since that time I have lost four stone and I feel really happy in my body.

About two months ago I was at a club when that song came on and it gave me the confidence to approach a georgeous guy, which I would never have done before. We got chatting and we've been going out ever since. I also made more of an effort with my sister and we are now closer than we've ever been before. I can definately say that song has been a huge influence on my life.