Monday, May 15, 2006

a cup of ambition

Name: Emily

Song that changed Emily's life: Dolly Parton - 9 To 5 (listen now) (lyrics)

The story behind the song:

Starting college last September was pretty daunting for me. I came from a small and very sheltered town and suddenly I was thrown into a great big city. What was even harder was that I was leaving my friends and the love of my life at home. First term was very difficult and I took every opportunity that I could to travel home and to try and make my relationship work. Just before christmas everything changed and we realized that it would be better for both of us if we were just friends. I felt quite sorry for myself, to be honest I felt I was going to burst and I spent a lot of time on my own at home. Then some of my classmates invited me out and a sog came on at a bar which made us all jump up and dance around.

That was the start of a brand new era. Since then I have really enjoyed my university life and I've made some great friends, and I'm simply having fun. If it wasn't for that night and that song I would probably be back home in my little town, instead of living the brilliant life that I now have.